Tuna Kabobs with Marinated Baby Artichokes
The baby artichokes are cooked in advance so they only need to be grilled for a short time.
- Yield: Makes 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 8 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds tuna loin, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- Marinated Baby Artichokes
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Whisk together mustard, lemon juice, red-pepper flakes, 6 tablespoons olive oil, and garlic in a large bowl. Add tuna, and toss to coat.
Thread 4 cubes of tuna, alternating with artichokes, on each of 8 skewers. Gently brush with some of the remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange skewers, off direct heat, on a medium-hot grill. Grill, rotating skewers and brushing with olive oil as necessary to prevent sticking, until tuna is brown and charred on the outside and warm but still rare in the middle, about 5 minutes, depending on heat of grill. Artichokes should be tender and slightly charred. Serve with choice of condiments.