Grilled Summer Fruit
Bananas, peaches, and plums, caramelized on the grill, are an unexpected alternative to fruit salad.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Anita Calero
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 1998
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 4 ripe yellow or white peaches, cut in half
- 4 ripe red plums, cut in half
- 4 miniature ripe bananas, cut in half lengthwise
Heat a grill until medium hot, or heat the broiler. In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and brown sugar. Add all fruit, and toss.
Fold the edges of a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil to form a shallow baking pan, and place on grill. Arrange the fruit, cut sides down, on the foil. Cook fruit until browned and caramelized around the edges, rearranging occasionally to prevent burning. Turn the fruit over, and repeat; serve warm.