Chicken Salad with Scallions and Yogurt
Use our Basic Poached Chicken shredded and mixed with low-cal salad ingredients when you want a healthy lunch.
- Yield: Makes 3 cups
Source: Everyday Food, January 2010
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 breast halves from Basic Poached Chicken, cooled and torn
- Fresh lemon juice, for serving
In a large bowl, stir together celery, scallions, yogurt, and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in poached chicken. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Serve over greens or in a sandwich.