Oven-Roasted Fish and Mushrooms
Flavorful mushrooms, fresh herbs, and olive oil are healthy ways to enhance lean fish.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2010
- 2 pounds cremini or shiitake mushrooms (trimmed), halved if large
- 4 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, plus 4 whole sprigs
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 firm white-fleshed fish fillets, such as striped bass or cod (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for serving
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss mushrooms with 3 tablespoons oil and thyme leaves; season with salt and pepper. Roast until mushrooms are lightly browned, 15 minutes.
Rub fish with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange fish over mushrooms; top with thyme sprigs. Roast until fish is opaque throughout, 10 to 12 minutes. Toss parsley with lemon juice and 1 teaspoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Serve fish and mushrooms with parsley salad and lemon wedges.