Balsamic, Caper, and Anchovy Marinade
Any white-flesh fish will readily take on bolder flavors, such as those in this rich balsamic mixture brightened by fresh red onion, salted capers, aromatic parsley, and pungent anchovies.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 anchovies, rinsed well and chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers packed in salt, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
Whisk together all of the ingredients in a medium nonreactive bowl. Use marinade immediately.