Artichoke Dip with Fontina
The unbaked dip can be frozen, up to 1 month. Thaw completely before baking.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) whole artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups cubed fontina cheese (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 8 pitas, each cut into 6 wedges
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add artichokes and wine; cook until liquid evaporates, about 8 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat and stir in Neufchatel until blended. Fold in 1 1/4 cups fontina and parsley. Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with 1 cup fontina. Bake until golden and bubbling, 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss pitas with 1 tablespoon oil; spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm dip with pita chips.
SourceEveryday Food, March 2010