Under 30 Minutes
Asparagus, Peas, and Radishes with Fresh Tarragon
To save time, the asparagus in this bright salad can be cooked, cooled, and dried, and then wrapped up and refrigerated up to a day in advance. Also try: Leek and Potato Galette
- 3 pounds asparagus, tough ends discarded, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 bunch (about 1 pound) radishes, greens discarded, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh tarragon, coarsely chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare a large bowl of ice water, and line a baking sheet with a double thickness of paper towels.
Add asparagus to pot; cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon or wire skimmer, transfer to ice bath. Let cool completely, then transfer to prepared baking sheet and pat dry. (Wrap in plastic and refrigerate up to 1 day.)
In a large pot with a lid, heat butter over medium. Add asparagus and peas. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are heated through, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in radishes and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.