Under 30 Minutes
Herb-Rubbed Salmon Steak
The garden-fresh taste of gently cooked zucchini and cherry tomatoes pairs beautifully with the rich, hearty taste of salmon.
- 1 salmon steak (about 8 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini (about 4 ounces), halved lengthwise, then sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place salmon in a small baking dish or ovenproof skillet; drizzle with 1/4 teaspoon oil.
Make the rub: In a small bowl, stir together mint, garlic, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Sprinkle half the rub mixture evenly over both sides of the salmon. Bake salmon until opaque throughout (about 10 minutes).
Meanwhile, in a medium nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, and cook, tossing occasionally until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in scallion, tomatoes, and remaining rub mixture. Cook just to heat through, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper; serve with salmon.