Lamb Burgers with Feta Sauce and Cucumbers
By using lamb instead of beef, and feta cheese instead of American, we've given these burgers an international makeover, creating a Greek recipe that can't miss.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2007
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 8 slices country bread (each 1/2 inch thick), toasted, if desired
- 1 Kirby cucumber, cut lengthwise into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
In a medium bowl, combine lamb, curry powder, and 2 sliced scallions; season generously with salt and pepper. Mix gently with a fork (do not overmix); form into 4 oval patties to fit on bread (each 1 inch thick).
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season patties with salt and pepper. Cook until browned and just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side (reduce heat if browning too quickly).
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix feta, yogurt, and remaining scallion, mashing cheese gently to combine; season with salt and pepper.
Spread 4 slices of bread with feta mixture; top with cucumbers, lamb patties, and remaining bread.