Cinnamon-Toasted Pound Cake
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2010
- 1 bag (10 ounces) frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices pound cake
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- Ice cream, for serving
Heat broiler, with rack 4 inches from heat. In a small bowl, combine frozen strawberries, thawed, 1 tablespoon sugar, and fresh lemon juice. In another small bowl, combine 4 teaspoons sugar and ground cinnamon.
On a baking sheet, place pound cake in a single layer. Brush one side with 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature; sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Flip and repeat. Broil, flipping once, until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Serve with ice cream and strawberries.