You will love every layer of our crunchy, creamy dip. It's great for summer entertaining and game-day parties.
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar (2 ounces)
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced small
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Tortilla chips, for serving
In a medium bowl, combine beans, lime juice, and 2 tablespoons water; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish. Top with sour cream, cheese, chiles, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, and scallions. Serve with tortilla chips.
SourceEveryday Food, June 2010