Warm Chocolate Cake
This delicious recipe for warm chocolate cake is courtesy of Michael Laiskonis.
- 4 ounces Amedei "No. 9" 75% dark chocolate couverture, chopped
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for baking dishes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus more for baking dishes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- Confectioners' sugar, for serving
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for serving
In a medium heatproof bowl, set over (but not touching) simmering water melt together chocolate and butter.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together cornstarch and granulated sugar. In another medium bowl whisk together eggs and egg yolks.
Remove chocolate from heat and whisk in cornstarch mixture, then whisk in egg mixture until well combined. Transfer to a refrigerator until chilled, up to 3 days.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Butter six 6-ounce ramekins and coat the insides with granulated sugar, shaking out any excess. Divide chilled batter evenly between ramekins and place ramekins on a baking sheet. Transfer baking sheet to oven and bake until cakes are just set (they may still be a little liquid), 12 to 15 minutes.
Dust cakes with confectioners' sugar and spoon over olive oil; serve immediately.