Add a creative twist to traditional dyed eggs by filling them with holiday surprises, like small toys, as a fun gift for your Easter guests
Tools and Materials
- Dyed, blown-out egg
- Dremel Stylus fitted with cut-off wheel (or scissors or small pliers)
- Small toy
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Cupcake liners
Surprise Egg How-To
1. Blow out and dye an egg.
2. Cut out the bottom of the egg using a Dremel Stylus fitted with a cut-off wheel. The hole should be about the size of a nickel. (Tip: If you don't have a Dremel, use scissors or small pliers to create the hole.)
3. Fill the egg with confetti and a small toy.
4. Using a hot-glue gun, apply a bead of hot glue around the edge of the hole and affix egg into cupcake liner.
5. Stretch open another cupcake liner, place a dab of hot glue in the center of the liner and affix to the bottom of the first liner.
6. Once hot glue is dry, break surprise egg against any surface to reveal the prize inside.
Cupcake liners are available from Viking Importing Company. Dremel Stylus available on amazon.com. All other tools and materials available at crafts stores.