Pepper, Mushroom, and Onion Pizza with Hazelnut Dough
Serve up a pizza parlor classic with this crowd-pleasing recipe. The toppings are a favorite of Seth Meyers of "SNL," who helped Martha prepare the pizza on "The Martha Stewart Show."Also try: Butternut Squash Pizza with Hazelnut Dough
- 1/4 cup finely ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 ball Hazelnut Pizza Dough
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 small green bell pepper, stemmed and seeded, cut crosswise into rings
- 3 ounces white button mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1/4 small onion, thinly sliced
- Tomato Sauce
- 4 1/2 ounces thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven, preferably convection, to 500 degrees. Place pepper, mushrooms, and onion in a large bowl; drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine.
Spread cornmeal on a baking sheet. Stretch dough into a 9 1/2-inch round; transfer to baking sheet. Drizzle dough with oil, and spread tomato sauce on top leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with cheese. Place pepper mixture on top of cheese and season with salt and pepper. Bake until crust is golden brown and cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, September 2010