Pepper, Mushroom, and Onion Pizza with Hazelnut Dough
Serve up a pizza parlor classic with this crowd-pleasing recipe. The toppings are a favorite of Seth Meyers of "SNL," who helped Martha prepare the pizza on "The Martha Stewart Show."Also try: Butternut Squash Pizza with Hazelnut Dough
- Servings: 2
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, September 2010
- 1/4 cup finely ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 ball Hazelnut Pizza Dough
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 small green bell pepper, stemmed and seeded, cut crosswise into rings
- 3 ounces white button mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1/4 small onion, thinly sliced
- Tomato Sauce
- 4 1/2 ounces thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven, preferably convection, to 500 degrees. Place pepper, mushrooms, and onion in a large bowl; drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine.
Spread cornmeal on a baking sheet. Stretch dough into a 9 1/2-inch round; transfer to baking sheet. Drizzle dough with oil, and spread tomato sauce on top leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with cheese. Place pepper mixture on top of cheese and season with salt and pepper. Bake until crust is golden brown and cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes.