Under 30 Minutes
Romaine-Heart Salad with Creamy Dressing
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
Make dressing: In a medium bowl, place sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and chili powder; season with salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
Remove dark outer leaves from each head of romaine, leaving the heart; place leaves in a plastic bag lined with a paper towel, and refrigerate to use later in Chopped Romaine Salad. Slice hearts in half lengthwise. Place one half on each plate; top with dressing. Sprinkle with scallions and serve.