Under 30 Minutes
Rhubarb chutney is a great complement to ham.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon peeled minced fresh ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
In a saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add onion and cook until softened, 5 to 6 minutes.
Add rhubarb, raisins, sugar, ginger, and cinnamon stick. Cook over medium, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb begins to break down, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick and stir in vinegar. Serve with ham or pork and cornichons.
SourceEveryday Food, May 2009