Skewered Chicken and Red Onion
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3 pieces each
- 1 large red onion, cut into 8 wedges, root left intact
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir together vinegar, garlic, salt, honey, and oil in a large bowl; season with pepper. Add chicken and onion to the marinade. Let stand at room temperature, tossing occasionally, 15 minutes.
Thread 6 pieces of chicken and 1 onion wedge onto each of 4 skewers. Transfer skewers and remaining onion wedges to a nonreactive baking dish; drizzle marinade on top. Bake until chicken is cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes. Divide skewers and onion wedges among serving plates; drizzle with juices from baking dish.