- Servings: 4
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 whole dressed trout (about 10 ounces each), head and tail on
- 16 fresh thyme
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Non stick cooking spray
Whisk together juice, wine, and oil in a shallow nonreactive dish. Stuff half of the thyme, shallots, and lemon slices inside of the fish. Arrange trout in a single layer in dish; turn to coat. Scatter remaining thyme, shallots, and lemon slices over the fish. Cover; let stand for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
Preheat a grill to medium-high. Remove fish from marinade. Season with salt and pepper. Spray a grill basket large enough to hold 4 fish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange fish in grill basket.
Grill until just cooked through and firm to the touch, 5 to 7 minutes per side.