Olive, Apricot, and Pistachio Couscous
Pair this wonderful couscous recipe from the February 2009 issue of Martha Stewart Living with Moroccan-Spiced Chicken for a delicious family dinner.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, February 2009
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, preferably Turkish, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped green olives (about 6 large olives)
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 tablespoons shelled pistachios, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Bring water, salt, and butter to a boil in a small saucepan. Add apricots, olives, and couscous, swirling pan to submerge ingredients. Cover, and remove from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir with fork, then fold in pistachios and lemon juice. Serve immediately.