These melt-in-your mouth cookies are way better than their store-bought counterparts.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 18
Source: Everyday Food, April 2009
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in vanilla and salt. With mixer on low, gradually add flour, beating just until combined. Fold in pecans.
Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls, and place on 2 baking sheets, 2 inches apart. With the dampened bottom of a glass, lightly flatten each ball.
Bake until cookies are golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer to wire racks, and let cool.