Hard-cooked eggs aren't just for decorating. Here's another seasonal way to enjoy them: in asparagus mimosa, a classic dish named for the pretty yellow-and-white flower. Press a peeled hard-cooked egg through a fine, stainless steel sieve to create the bright and fluffy garnish.
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large hard-cooked egg
- 2 pounds steamed asparagus
Whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Push egg through a fine sieve. Spoon vinaigrette over asparagus, and top with grated egg.