Dress up a plain tea towel with a cute teapot applique.
Tools and Materials
- Teapot template
- Craft scissors
- Patterned fabric
- Fabric scissors
- Steam-A-Seam fusible webbing
- Black marker
- Tea towel
Applique Tea Towel How-To
1. Download teapot template, print onto cardstock, and cut out with craft scissors.
2. Choose a fun, graphic, patterned fabric for your applique (we used Liberty of London prints) and prewash fabric to reduce shrinkage.
3. With fabric scissors, cut square or rectangular piece of fabric to fit template. Then, cut a piece of Steam-A-Seam fusible webbing slightly smaller than fabric piece.
4. Follow package directions to iron fusible webbing onto back of fabric, leaving release paper in place. Allow paper-backed fabric to cool.
5. Using a black marker, trace template onto fusible webbing paper backing and cut out.
6. Peel paper backing from applique to expose fusible webbing and, with the fabric side up, position applique onto tea towel in desired position.
7. Follow package directions to secure applique to tea towel with iron.
Steam-A-Seam available from The Warm Company. Liberty of London prints available fromB&J Fabrics. All other tools and materials available at your local craft and fabric supplies stores.