This delicious ramen recipe is from Rai Rai Ken restaurant in Manhattan's East Village.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 cups Soup Base
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Chopped scallions, for serving (optional)
- Hard-boiled egg, for serving (optional)
- Cooked spinach, for serving (optional)
- Nori (dried seaweed), for serving (optional)
- Bamboo shoots, for serving (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper, for serving (optional)
In a large, deep saucepan, heat sesame oil over low heat. Add garlic and ginger; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add soup base and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add ramen noodles and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes; drain and set aside.
Stir soy sauce, sake, sea salt, mirin, and sugar into soup base mixture. Strain into 2 serving bowls; divide ramen evenly between bowls. Serve immediately with desired toppings.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2009