Iceberg Wedges with Blue Cheese Dressing
The crispy iceberg lettuce and creamy blue cheese dressing make this steak-house style salad a no-brainer side dish with your steak and potatoes dinner. From the book "Mad Hungry," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Artisan Books).
Source: Mad Hungry, September 2010
- 2/3 cup buttermilk, well-shaken
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces Danish blue cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- A few dashes hot sauce, such as tobasco
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a bowl, combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, half of the blue cheese, lemon juice, and hot sauce.
Stir to combine
Stir in chives, salt, and pepper.
Serve with iceberg wedges and top with remaining blue cheese.