Shrimp with Whole-Wheat Couscous
Whole-wheat couscous can have up to six times as much fiber as the regular kind. When you pair it with shrimp and green beans, you've got a protein-packed, satisfying meal.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2007
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed, halved crosswise
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp, tails removed
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
In a large saucepan with a lid, bring 1 cup salted water to a boil. Add green beans. Cover, and cook over medium-high until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add corn and shrimp; stir to combine. Cover, and cook until shrimp are opaque throughout, about 2 minutes.
Add couscous, and stir to combine; cover, and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Add basil, vinegar, and oil; season with salt and pepper, and fluff with a fork.