Source: The Martha Stewart Show, September 2010
- 2 small head of sucrine or baby butterhead lettuce, trimmed, leaves separated, washed, and dried
- 2 ounces baby arugula, washed, spun dry
- Parmesan Dressing
- 1 pound assorted summer squash, such as goldbar zucchini, green zucchini, avocado squash, or pattypan squash
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chervil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved with a peeler
- Freshly ground black pepper
Divide lettuce and arugula evenly between 4 plates or 1 large platter; drizzle each plate with 1 tablespoon dressing (or 1/4 cup, if using a platter).
Using a mandoline, thinly slice zucchini over the lettuce, dividing squash evenly among plates. Drizzle each plate with 2 more tablespoons of dressing (1/2 cup if using a platter). Top with parsley, chives, chervil, tarragon, and Parmesan cheese. Season with pepper and serve immediately.