Lemony Kale Salad
A member of the cabbage family, kale is packed with beta-carotene and other nutrient-rich antioxidants. Try substituting this powerhouse vegetable for your usual salad greens, and serve alongside a comforting soup.
- Servings: 4
Photography: David E. Steele
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, September 2010
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups coarsely chopped kale, ribs removed
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted blanched hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil until well combined. Add kale and toss to coat. Add Parmesan and hazelnuts; season with salt and pepper. Toss before serving.