Black and White Dough
This dough works well for layered black-and-white-striped cookies.
- Yield: Makes about 4 3/4 pounds
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1998/1999
- 4 cups (8 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 7 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
Place butter, vanilla, sugar and flour in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until well combined. Transfer to a work surface.
Divide the dough in half. Return one half to the mixer, and add cocoa powder. Mix until well combined. Wrap the dough in plastic, and store, refrigerated, until ready to use.