Bell peppers add color and flavor to quesadillas stuffed with Monterey Jack and goat cheese.
- Servings: 4
Photography: BEATRIZ DA COSTA
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 2000
- 6 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Four 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeds and stem removed, thinly sliced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeds and stem removed, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
Place a quarter of the Monterey Jack cheese on half of a flour tortilla. Top with 5 to 6 strips of red and jalapeno peppers. Place a quarter of the crumbled goat cheese on top of peppers, and fold tortilla in half. Press lightly to seal tortilla closed. Repeat process with remaining 3 tortillas, and set aside.
Place a folded tortilla in a medium saute pan over medium heat, or on a grill over indirect heat, and cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining tortillas.