- Servings: 4
Photography: BEATRIZ DA COSTA
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 2000
- 6 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Four 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeds and stem removed, thinly sliced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeds and stem removed, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
Place a quarter of the Monterey Jack cheese on half of a flour tortilla.Top with 5 to 6 strips of red and jalapeno peppers. Place a quarter of the crumbled goat cheese on top of peppers, and fold tortilla in half. Press lightly to seal tortilla closed. Repeat process with remaining three tortillas, and set aside.
Place a folded tortilla in a medium saute pan over medium heat, or on a grill over indirect heat, and cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining tortillas.