Apple, Grape, and Celery Salad
Apples and grapes, which shine at this time of year, take center stage in this mayo-free reinterpretation of Waldorf salad. Toasted pecans offer some crunch.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2007
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced on the diagonal, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread pecans on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine celery, apple, grapes, vinegar, and oil. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Garnish with celery leaves.