Caesar Salad with Hard-Cooked Eggs
Hard-cooked eggs can become the basis for easy weeknight meals like this satisfying salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2008
- 1/2 baguette, sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 20 slices)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, plus more, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, 4 yolks reserved, remaining whites and eggs cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay baguette slices on a large rimmed baking sheet. Brush bread on both sides with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes, turning over halfway through; let croutons cool on baking sheet.
In a blender, combine lemon juice, Parmesan, mayonnaise, anchovies, garlic, 4 reserved hard-cooked egg yolks, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper; blend dressing until smooth.
In a large bowl, gently toss together lettuce, croutons, dressing, shaved Parmesan, and remaining whites and eggs.