Pizza Dough for Broccoli, Tomato, and Mozzarella Stromboli
This easy recipe for pizza dough is courtesy of "The Martha Stewart Show" and should be used when making Broccoli, Tomato, and Mozzarella Stromboli.
- Yield: Makes 2 pounds
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, Episode 4131
- 3 1/2 cups "00" flour or strong white bread flour, plus more for work surface and bowl
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons raw sugar, such as turbinado or Demerara
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Place flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. Add water, yeast, sugar, and olive oil. Process until a dough has formed.
Dust a large bowl with flour and transfer dough in bowl. Sprinkle flour on top of dough and cover with a damp towel. Let stand in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
Punch down dough and turn out onto a lightly floured work surface. Use immediately or wrap dough in plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until ready to use.