Garlic Rosemary Knots
A basket of these fragrant rolls makes a welcome addition to any dinner party.
- Yield: Makes 24
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 1999
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- Potato Rolls dough recipe, made through step 3
Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Line two large baking sheets with parchment, and set aside.
Working on a floured work surface, cut dough into 2-ounce portions. Roll each to an 11-inch length. Dip each in oil mixture; tie into a knot. Place knots at least 1 1/4 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Cover with plastic wrap; set aside to rise until dough does not spring back when pressed with a finger, about 20 minutes. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes before serving.