Whole Wheat Pasta with Olives and Lemon
- 1 pound whole-wheat penne
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta until al dente, following package directions. Drain.
Heat oil in a large skilled. Add garlic, anchovies, capers, and lemon zest. Cook until garlic begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Stir in olives and lemon juice, and cook 1 minute more. Add pasta, parsley, and Parmesan; toss to combine. Serve immediately.