These lacy tuiles get their color from black sesame seeds.
- Yield: Makes 10
Photography: GENTL & HYERS
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 2005
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir butter and cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until butter has melted. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook until gently bubbling, about 3 minutes.
Place generous tablespoons of batter about 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment. Bake cookies until light brown and crisp, 8 to 9 minutes.
Let cookies stand just until they can be lifted without breaking, about 5 minutes. Drape over a rolling pin, and let cool.