Crostini brushed with cream and herbs make a simple but luxurious finishing touch for our Creamy Winter Squash Soup With Herbed Crostini.
- Yield: Makes 24
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2008
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 small baguette (10 to 12 inches), cut into 24 slices (1/4 inch thick)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat broiler. Mix herbs and cream in a small bowl. Brush 1 side of each slice of bread with cream mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Place bread slices on a baking sheet, cream side up. Broil, flipping once, until gold and crisp, about 4 minutes total.