- Yield: Makes 6 large or 12 small muffins
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 2000
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for tins
- 3 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cups blueberries
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter large (3 3/4 inches) or small (2 3/4 inches) muffin tins, and set aside. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg, egg yolks, and vanilla; mix until well combined. Reduce speed to low; alternate adding reserved flour mixture and milk to mixer, beginning and ending with flour. Remove bowl from mixer; gently fold in berries by hand. Divide batter among muffin tins; sprinkle generously with sugar. Bake until light golden, about 45 minutes for large muffins, about 30 minutes for small muffins. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan; transfer to wire rack, and let cool completely.