Mixed Tomato Salsa
This bright and light recipe for mixed tomato salsa is from "Martha Stewart's Hors d'Oeuvres Handbook."
- Yield: Makes 2 3/4 cups
Photography: BEATRIZ DA COSTA
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 2000
- 1 plum or regular tomato, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 12 yellow cherry tomatoes, cut into sixths
- 1 very small sweet onion, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 1 serrano chile or 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, serrano, cilantro, lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend.