Add a tangy contrast to your meal with our crisp slaw of celery and endive.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2007
- 2 celery stalks, plus leaves for garnish
- 2 Belgian endives
- 1 1/2 ounces blue cheese (preferably Maytag), crumbled, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Cut celery into 3-inch pieces, then slice each piece lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick strips. Halve each endive lengthwise, cut out core, and slice each half lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick strips.
Whisk together blue cheese, vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified.
Toss celery and endive with dressing; season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with celery leaves and blue cheese.