Under 30 Minutes
French Potato Salad
Georgian home cook Louise Brescia of Atlanta shares an herbed potato salad that's great with burgers and barbecue.
- 2 1/2 pounds fingerling or small new potatoes, halved (quartered if large)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced (2 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced
Place potatoes in a large pot; cover with cold water by 1 inch and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Run under cold water to cool slightly, then drain.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together oil, mustard, vinegar, shallot, parsley, and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Add potatoes and onion and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature. To store, refrigerate, up to overnight.
SourceEveryday Food, July/August 2009