Asian Chicken Soup
The light, flavorful mushroom soup is the perfect precursor to any Asian-inspired meal.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, March Spring 2007
- 5 1/2 cups reduced-sodium free-range organic chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger (from a 1-inch piece)
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 4 ounces soba noodles or whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 to 8 ounces each), thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 medium red bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed), cut into bite-size strips
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced 1/2 inch on the diagonal
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (from about 1 lime)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt
In a large saucepan, bring broth, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, and 2 cups water to a boil over high heat. Add noodles, lower heat, and simmer until noodles are tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
Add chicken, bell pepper, and snow peas; cook until chicken is opaque throughout, about 1 minute. Add lime juice, scallions; season with salt. Serve immediately.