Bats and Cobwebs
When tasty bow-tie pasta and melted mozzarella become bats and cobwebs, you know it's a Halloween dinner.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, October
- 1/2 pound bow-tie pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, in puree
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- Coarse salt
- 2 precooked chicken sausages (about 3 ounces each), cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes (1 3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain; set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, oregano, and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer; cook, stirring and breaking up tomatoes until slightly thickened, 5 to 8 minutes. Season with salt.
Add pasta, sausage, and half the mozzarella; toss to combine. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake until bubbly and top is lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with Romaine Salad.