Slow-Cooker Greek Stuffed Peppers
These vegetarian wonders are fast to prep and come out tender and tasty.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, October 2008
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup crumbled feta (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 4 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Slice a very thin layer from the base of each bell pepper so they sit flat. Slice off tops just below stem. Discard stems; chop tops, and place in a medium bowl. Remove ribs and seeds from peppers.
Add beans, feta, couscous, scallion whites, garlic, and oregano to bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Stuff peppers with bean mixture; place upright in slow cooker. Cover; cook on high, 4 hours.
Sprinkle peppers with scallion greens; serve with lemon wedges.