Under 30 Minutes
Kale and Sausage Stuffing
Wilted kale, hot Italian sausage, and golden raisins make a balanced, hearty mixture.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 links hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces kale, tough stems removed and leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh sage
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage, breaking up large pieces with the back of a spoon, until browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer sausage to a bowl.
Add garlic to skillet. Cook until soft, about 1 minute. Add kale and water. Cook until kale wilts and is almost completely cooked, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels, squeezing out excess water.
Add kale mixture, raisins, pine nuts, sage, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil to bowl with sausage. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a cutting board, and finely chop. Transfer to a bowl, and refrigerate until ready to use.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, December 2010