The ribbons feel papery but are made of cotton, which holds its shape well and can be written on. You can also use paper strips or other fabric ribbon.
Tools and Materials
- Ribbon or paper (paper cotton ribbon, in Azalea, Bubblegum, and Cream, $6 per roll; creamcityribbon.com)
- Bamboo skewers ($1.49 for 100, partycity.com)
- Double-sided tape
Flying Banners How-To
1. Cut ribbon or paper strips, notching ends if desired.
2. Attach strips to bamboo skewer tops with tape.
3. Write messages on the strips, or leave plain.