Under 30 Minutes
For juicy burgers, use ground turkey that's at least 7 percent fat. Sour cream, mango chutney, and mustard will give them additional flavor and moisture.
- 6 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (7 percent fat)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons prepared mango chutney, preferably Major Grey's, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Coarse salt
- 1 cup mesclun lettuce mix
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
In a medium bowl, tear 2 slices bread into small pieces. Add turkey, sour cream, 3 tablespoons chutney, 1 tablespoon mustard, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon coarse salt. Shape into 4 firmly packed 5-inch round patties.
Freeze on a baking sheet until firm, about 30 minutes, then wrap each burger in plastic; place all burgers in a resealable freezer bag, label, and date. Freeze up to 2 months.
To cook: Thaw burgers overnight in the refrigerator. Heat broiler with rack set 4 inches from heat. Place burgers on a rimmed baking sheet; broil until firm and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Lightly toast 4 slices bread. Dividing evenly, top each with lettuce, burger, and tomato. Stir together 1 tablespoon each chutney and mustard, and serve alongside burgers.