Under 30 Minutes
Chicken Fried Rice with Bok Choy
Any fast-cooking greens can be used, but we like the flavor and texture of bok choy.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound bok choy, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cooked rice, reserved from Braised Chicken with White Wine, Tomatoes, and Peas
- 4 cooked chicken thighs, reserved from Braised Chicken with White Wine, Tomatoes, and Peas, shredded
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium. Add eggs; season with salt and pepper, and cook until set, 1 to 3 minutes. Transfer cooked eggs to a cutting board (reserve skillet); let cool. Roll up, and thinly slice eggs crosswise; set aside.
In skillet, heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add bok choy, onion, and garlic; season with salt and pepper (skillet will be very full). Cook, stirring frequently, until bok choy is crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
Add rice, chicken, sliced eggs, ginger, vinegar, and soy sauce. Cook, tossing, until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
SourceEveryday Food, December 2008