Also known as a "Mexican potato," jicama's flavor is often described as a cross between a potato and an apple -- it's the perfect crunchy, juicy addition to this slaw.
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2006
- 1 1/2 pounds jicama (1 medium), julienned
- 1/2 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 to 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from 1 to 2 limes)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a medium bowl, place jicama, onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper; toss gently to combine. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate, up to 6 hours.