Under 30 Minutes
Bean, Corn, and Tortilla Salad
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup prepared medium tomato salsa, plus more for serving
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 3 plum tomatoes, thickly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 bag (12 ounces) romaine hearts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups (3 ounces) broken baked tortilla chips
- 3/4 cup coarsely grated pepper Jack cheese
In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine beans, corn, and salsa. Microwave just until warmed through, 1 minute. Stir in scallions, avocado, and tomatoes; season with salt and pepper. Set bean mixture aside.
In a large bowl, toss lettuce and chips together. Divide evenly among plates; top with bean mixture and cheese. Serve immediately, topped with additional salsa, if desired.
SourceEveryday Food, January/February 2006